Saturday 2 February 2013

My Topshop makeup!

Hello chaps!

Over the times, I have built up a bit of a collection of Topshop makeup, and I thought I should do a post on them, as they really are fantastically in-expensive! 
I really like their makeup, and at the moment I'm really getting into the lipstick. I want to try a lot more, such as their cream blushes and lip pencils.

The main problem I have with these products are the packaging - don't get me wrong it is beautiful but it gets SO DIRTY! I didn't get chance to clean these before I took swatch pictures but you can definitely tell the ones I have only recently bought!

- all of my topshop makeup minus the Louise Gray lipstick-

Cream Eye Shadows

-from left to right: Emerald City, Snow Storm, Heavy Metal, Velvet-

I have 4 of the Cream Eye Shadows, all of which I got in the sale when they were going out of season (for 50p each!) a few months ago so I don't know if you will be able to buy them now, but they are lovely, but massively sparkly.
-from left to right: Emerald City, Snow Storm, Heavy Metal, Velvet-

All of these colours are really beautiful and massively pigmented, you really don't need that much at all to cover your whole lid. My favourite is Heavy Metal as it is a really shiny grey colour, it is build-able and works great underneath other eyeshadows, especially in a smokey eye.
My least favourite is Velvet, as I find the purple colour quite hard to work with, but it is good as a colour pop.

Lipsticks

-from left to right: Infared and Whimsical-

I have three topshop lipsticks, two of which are the normal range, one of which is a limited edition Louise Gray lipstick. These two lipsticks are really good, they are creamy and go on a dream.


-Infared topshop lipstick-

This is my favourite Topshop lipstick. Infared is a deep coral, almost orange. It goes on well and covers my dry lips - they stay on a long time and I just love the colour. It is a colour pop, which is not unlike the Louise Gray lipstick. It is a lovely colour. For only £8, it is a great deal - I compare it to the quality of MAC lipsticks.


-Whimsical topshop lipstick-

This is a lovely nude. I really wanted to absolutely love this lipstick, but I find that I don't use it as much as I wanted to, because sometimes it can give me the death-look because it is so nude. There is a little but of pink in it which is lovely. It can be mixed with other colours, but I don't find it to be as moisturising as Infared.


-Mexican Wave topshop lipstick-

This is a niiiice lipstick! The colour is quite similar to that of Infared, and it is a colour that I wear a lot. You can build it up, and it also can be sheer if you only put it on very lightly. It is versatile but is less orange than the Infared. This was only £5 in the sale - you might still be able to get it too.


Eyeshadow


-Topshop eye colour in Good as Gold-

This was in the post-christmas sale for £3, but now I believe it might be only £1, as well as the deep pink colour. It is shimmery which is a lovely finish, it is overall a nice colour. I wouldn't recommend it as an all-over-lid colour, it is more of a tear duct sort of colour, but it is nice and can look really effective in a smokey eye.

Eye Crayon

-Topshop eye crayon in Tarnish-

This is probably my least favourite item of Topshop makeup, because I find on the waterline it smudges and doesn't create a neat line. It is a dark brown colour, and I have seen other colours of these crayons that might be much nicer. It has a slight shimmer and looks much better when blended out. I got this on a sale stand in topshop, it was only 50p.

2 comments:

  1. Most of the time I steer away from such brand's makeup because I'm afraid it's cheap. But these swatches look so tempting!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never ever expected Topshop makeup to be good, but it is actually really good! I'd recommend the nail varnish as well, they are really something!
      x

      Delete